The easiest way to make pompoms!| March 2020
There are many ways to make pompoms but this is by far the simplest and fastest method I have come across. All you need is a fork, some yarn, and a pair of scissors.
1. You’ll need some yarn, a fork, and a pair of scissors.
2. Lay a short length of yarn between the middle tines of the fork as shown. (This will be used to tie the pompom.)
3. Start wrapping the ball of yarn around the fork tines. Hold the short piece of yarn against the handle of the fork to keep it out of the way.
4. Continue wrapping 50-60 times around, then cut off the end of the yarn.
5. Next, wrap the short piece of yarn tightly around the centre of the bundle, pull tight, and tie a square knot.
6. Slide the bundle off the fork.
7. Carefully cut each loop as shown. (This step will take adult help.)
8. When you have completed the cutting, your pompom will look rather scruffy. Give it a “hair cut” and trim to a nice round shape.
9. Rub the pompom between your palms to fluff it up!
10. Stick two pompoms together, add a beak and eyes and you have a chick!