Here's a fun, simple Easter craft to try with young (and older!) children.
You will need: paper, crayons or felt tip pens or coloured pencils, glue, scissors, and a paper fastener.
1. Draw a beautiful Easter egg!
2. Snip it out.
3. Snip the egg in half, as shown.
4. Draw a chick (or some other surprise animal...rabbit?).
5. Snip out as shown, leaving a tab for gluing. Glue to the back of the bottom half of your Easter egg.
6. The egg should now look (roughly) like this!
7. Overlap the top section of egg onto the bottom half, and attach with a paper fastener. The top part of the egg can now swing neatly down over the chick to hide it.
8. Now hang it up on a wall, or mount it on a card to send to a friend or relative. Happy Easter!